Prideful Sodomite Sues School District
We all know that homosexuals are increasingly aggressive in pushing their immoral lifestyle on others and openly displaying their acceptance of the practice of sodomy. This is seen in its most brazen expression in the Gay Pride parades that are conducted in leading American cities.
A local example of this pride in sodomite immorality comes from a small town in Ohio, Waynesville. (Teen wins right to wear Jesus is Not a Homophobe T-shirt to school, usnews.msnbc.msn.com) High School student Maverick Couch wore a T-shirt with a fish sign and the words, Jesus is Not a Homophobe. The principle of the high school required that he wear the shirt inside out.
This seems like a simple solution to a highly-charged incident, but Maverick (who must have been a literal maverick!) took the prohibition to Lambda Legal, a pro-homosexual legal agency that purportedly defends the rights of homosexuals in the United States.
The school board responded by defending the principal and policy, saying that the T-shirt was sexual in nature and therefore indecent and inappropriate in a school setting. They went on to claim that they had the right to limit clothing with sexual slogans, especially in light [sic] what was then a highly charged atmosphere, in order to protect its students and enhance the educational environment.
The case came to a close when U.S. District Judge Michael Barrett ordered the school to allow Maverick to wear his shirt, plus they required that the school district pay $20,000. The Lambda Legal attorney stated, If school officials had any doubt before, its clear now: First Amendment rights apply to all students on every day of the year, and efforts to silence LGBT [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual] youth will not go unchallenged.
Several observations may be made about this unfortunate incident: (1) The message on the shirt is misleading and even deceptive. Of course, Jesus was not a homophobe for this term means one who is fearful of homosexuals. Our holy and righteous Lord forbids any immoralityincluding sodomybut he is not afraid or phobic of the practice.
(2) The message of the shirt implies that one can be a Christian and a homosexual at the same time. At least, this is the way that the sign of the fish could be interpreted. Those who believe the Bible know that this is not true. The Scriptures point out that a homosexual is practicing a perverse and immoral relationship (Romans 1:26-27) and the homosexual cannot inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
(3) The message suggests that just as Jesus was not homophobe, Christians should not be homophobe either. Again, the Christian is not necessarily fearful (or phobic) of sodomites, but he abhors the immorality and perverse nature of the sexual acts and relationships involved.
(4) The report says that Mavericks mother, along with her son, went to the sodomite lawyer organization for help. This would indicate that even the mother did not stand for moral principles but encouraged her son in this perverse immorality. Scripture says that the father (and surely the mother) is to bring up the child in the discipline and instruction of the Lordwhich clearly was not done in this case (Ephesians 6:4).
(5) Maverick released a statement through Lamda Legal, The shirt is a statement of pride, and I hope other students like me know that they can be proud, too. Two comments may be made about his statement. First, we know that everyone who is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD (Proverbs 16:5). Scripture says that God is opposed to the proud (1 Peter 5:5). We should never be proudespecially of open sin.
Second, Paul says that although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things [sins] are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them (Romans 1:32). It is a heinous sin to encourage other people to sin in addition to sinning ourselves.
(6) Another statement by Maverick, the maverick, says something: We need to accept others how they come no matter their religion, sexual orientation, the color of their skin. Everyone is who they are. We all need to come together as a whole and accept everyone.
Maverick errs by including religion and sexual immorality along with skin color. We are not responsible for our skin color and God fully accepts diversity in this (Revelation 7:9), but God is the One who decides whether a religion or sexual immorality is acceptable, and He has already decided this. Further, instead of accepting immoral people, the Christian must not be friends with those of the world who are in sin (James 4:4) and must not be bound together with unbelievers (2 Corinthians 6:14).
(7) It might be observed that if a dishonest sexual message can be legally placed on a shirt and worn in an educational setting, surely the Christian can wear shirts and jackets that would carry a Christian message. If a sodomite can wear a shirt stating, Jesus is not homophobe, supposedly the Christian could wear one with the statement, Jesus hates homosexuality! If one objects to this statement, there would be a hundred other Christian messages that could be used.
The Christian needs to evaluate stories such as this through the light of holy Scripture. Lets not be deceived by the smooth but lying words of the media, the school system, or popular culture. Gods word is what gives us light and we must walk in this light to know truth and error, including homosexual lies.